View some of our most memorable pictures in our Gallery!
An insight into Starlight Arts
A little bit about us...
Starlight Arts provides opportunities for disabled adults to engage with music therapy, Makaton, drama, disability dance, life and social skills, arts and crafts and Lego® therapy. We provide opportunities for adults who are often overlooked in society for them to shine and gain confidence through the use of projects in the community, breaking down stereotypes within society. Our focus is on integrating our arts projects within the local community and this is important to us as a key value of Starlight Arts. Starlight Arts allows adults with disabilities to learn new skills, opening new doors to further opportunities.
- Improves mental health and wellbeing
- Promotes community engagement and cohesion
- Provides routes for success
- Increases happiness
- Promotes positive behaviour that increases positive social interactions
- Promotes appropriate mediums for emotional expression
- Allows for knowledge sharing
- Creates opportunity for communication
- Builds confidence and self esteem