Data – Collectively all information that you submit to Starlight Arts via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Cookies – A small text file placed on your computer by this website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Starlight Arts, we or us – Starlight Arts, a company incorporated in England and Wales;
UK and EU Cookie Law – The privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you – Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Starlight Arts and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Starlight Arts and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website – The website that you are currently using, www.starlightarts.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Demographic information such as country;
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Starlight Arts is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for 3 months.
- Unless we are obliged to permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- improvement of our services;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax, or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website’
Starlight Arts may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by users of this Website.
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- Use of Data for direct marketing purposes;
- Sharing Data with third parties.
To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Data security is of great importance to Starlight Artsand to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the website.
What are cookies
Please note that cookies can’t harm your computer. We don’t store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant related products to show you when you’re browsing. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Managing cookies’ information below of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
We’re giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent EU e-Privacy legislation, and to make sure we’re honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.
Cookies we store
Here’s a list of the main non-functional cookies we use, and what we use them for:
Flash cookies (or Local Shared Objects)
Flash cookies are stored on your device in much the same way as usual cookies, but they’re managed differently by your browser.
If you wish to disable or delete a Flash cookie, see Adobe Flash Player Security Settings. Please bear in mind though, that if you disable Flash cookies you’ll be unable to access certain site functionality.
Further information about cookies
If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit aboutcookies.org (opens in a new window – please note that we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites).
When you visit starlightarts.co.uk you may notice some cookies that aren’t related to Starlight Arts. If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example from Google, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Starlight Arts ‘share’ tools
If you take the opportunity to ‘share’ starlightarts.co.uk content with friends through social networks – such as Facebook and Twitter – you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
If cookies aren’t enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you won’t be able to add products to your basket and buy them.
To enable cookies
If you’re not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on ‘Help’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘About’ option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the ‘About’ option
How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab, locate the ‘Privacy’ section, and select the ‘Content settings’ button
- Now select ‘Allow local data to be set’
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet options’ , then click on the ‘Privacy’ tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Then select the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, then select ‘allow sites to set cookies’
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
- Click on ‘Security’, check the option that says ‘Block third-party and advertising cookies’
- Click ‘Save’
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
- Click on ‘Explorer’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Preferences’ options
- Scroll down until you see ‘Cookies’ under Receiving Files
- Select the ‘Never Ask’ option
Safari on OSX
- Click on ‘Safari’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
- Click on ‘Security’ then ‘Accept cookies’
- Select the ‘Only from site you navigate to’
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
- Click on ‘Mozilla’ or ‘Netscape’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
- Scroll down until you see cookies under ‘Privacy & Security’
- Select ‘Enable cookies for the originating web site only’
- Click on ‘Menu’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Settings’
- Then select ‘Preferences’, select the ‘Advanced’ tab
- Then select ‘Accept cookies’ option
All other browsers
Please consult your documentation or online help files.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act, or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Starlight Arts by email at email@example.com.